Saturday, February 27, 2010

Little Fishie

I have finally started to feel the Nugget over the past week or so. I wouldn't exactly call her a soccer player yet as her kicks are few and far between but I know it's just the beginning. I'm sure there are plenty of sleepless nights to come due to acrobatics in my uterus at 3am. Good thing I am usually up until that time at least 3 times per week. I was nervous for a while that I wouldn't feel her for a few more weeks due to my anterior placenta, but there must be a non placentad spot at my left lower uterus because that's where I can usually feel her trying to break free. It's such a weird feeling, like a goldfish hitting the side of its bowl. I wish she was big and powerful enough for Ros to feel her through my belly, but we're not quite there yet. I absolutely love that she sometimes moves in response to Ros blowing raspberries on my belly or Ros talking to her. Her movements are just enough to let me know that she really is ok in there. I wish women were equipped with a tiny window to allow you to take a peak at the baby to know they are ok.

We'll be around 22 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe we've been through more weeks than we have left. It seems like we've go so far to go, but in reality I know the time is going to fly and our lives will be changed forever. We are so lucky to be surrounded by people who are equally as excited about this baby as we are, whether they be old friends or co-workers. I think that the process and amount of work that went into getting pregnant and the fact that we were so open about the whole thing has made this "everybody's" baby.

T-minus 6 days until Ros and I head off to hopefully sunny Key West for our 5 day Babymoon. We were there less than 1 year ago for our honeymoon. I can't wait to waddle around in my bikini top with my belly hanging out. I have never in my life worn a bikini top, mostly because I was embarrassed by my belly, now that I am proud of it, I mind as well show it off. It is quite cute and hasn't been scarred by any stretch marks yet. Hopefully we won't have to go there since I have been religiously cocobuttering since around 12 weeks. Although many people told me this doesn't make a difference, I hope I can prove them all wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment