Monday, February 8, 2010

Baby Belly


Wow, I can't believe how much I've popped over the past few weeks. I finally feel like I'm starting to look pregnant instead of just fat and bloated. I have to say it's a nice feeling. It's also great to have a wife who is absolutely obsessed with my belly. I can't wait to see her fall in love with it more and more as it starts to become it's own entity.

With the belly also comes some anxiety over it being touched by complete strangers. People ask me if I mind if others touch my belly, answer is, if I know you, touch away. Rub it for good luck, rub it to put yourself in a better mood, I don't care. If I have never met you before, touch it and risk getting touched back, and I assure you it won't be in such a nice way. I'll just blame it on the hormones.

Ros and I will be going for our anatomy scan on Weds. Very excited to take another peak at nugget. Hopefully her girly parts will still be girl parts and she hasn't sprouted a penis in the last month. Not that I would mind a boy, but thinking she's a girl for this long I've come to love the idea, and the cute little outfits Ros has picked up along the way. I'm pretty confident we won't see any "growth" in a couple days.

I can't believe we'll be half-way through this pregnancy next week. Although I hope that I am already half way through this week as 38 weeks would be plenty of time for her to be healthy without giving her too much time to pile on the pounds. I am really hoping for a natural birth, but if this kids 10lbs, forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment